April 8, 2009

We're Moving to CANADA!!!!

Today Justin burst through the door after work completely out of breath because he ran all the way home from campus as fast as he could to tell me he's been accepted to Dental School at Dalhousie University!
Holy Cow! We are excited!
Dalhousie has a class size of about 36 students, and there are usually only 4-5 spots made available out of those 36 to international students.
This is an incredible achievement. (I can brag about my husband a little bit.) Justin has worked so incredibly hard. I have seen his tireless efforts, and I could not be more proud of him.
I have felt for a long time that we would be moving to Canada, but we have had to wait, and wait, and wait to hear if my feelings would prove to be true. I am so glad they are.
We feel extremely blessed, and know that Heavenly Father is watching over our family.
I have always known the school that accepted Justin would have one amazing student. He will be an asset to the school and dental community.
Canada, Here We Come!

24 comments:

Tav and Aims said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is so exciting! Congratulations! I am way stoked to see you all this weekend... Have a safe trip.
Love,
Amie

big MAK said...

Congratulations Justin! No more waiting and wondering! We are excited for you guys and know that you will do well! Now if we can just get through MHR 4890 life will be good huh? ;)

Katie & Morgan Cox

Heidi Madsen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY JUSTIN, GO JUSTIN,
EVERYBODY SAY YAHOO FOR JUSTIN,
YAHOO FOR JUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Just, we are trilled for you. You will definitely be missed.

Good Luck!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Wow! Congrats! That's quite a change. Good luck in all the preparations.

ariannet said...

Wow! How exciting! Way to go Justin!

Jenn Rushton said...

Congrats you guys! How very exciting, and what a cool place to get to go to school! Be safe and have so much fun! Good luck Justin!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is big news! I'm so excited for you guys! Way to go Justin! I think wife's intuition is always right. :)

Catlin said...

Congratulations! We have been waiting and hoping to hear that he would get in. We are so excited for you guys! You'll be a little closer to us, now. :)

Kara said...

How exciting!! I'm sure you are so glad the waiting is over!! Good luck with everything.

The Dyreng's said...

Congrats Justin. We are so happy for you!

The Lotts said...

OH MY GOSH!!! What am I gonna do without you three...almost four?! We are so excited for you! YAY! GO JUSTIN!!!

Ariel said...

Seriously that is so so so so so cool. Live it up this summer and take some to RELAX! Dental school is way harder than undergrad (and a little lonely for the wife), but also very rewarding. I am so happy for you Justin, I know you have worked for this since High School and I am very proud of you. You totally deserve this. Hooray!

DentalDad said...

Congratulations! That's great. You're going to love it. We hope that everything goes well as you adjust to your new lives up in Canada. That's nice there is a Temple really close, and I've heard it is really pretty up there.

Henderson said...

Congratulations!! Canada, what an adventure! Stay warm, and good luck!

Sarah said...

Jessica, this is Sarah Gedge in your ward. Funny story: James and I were walking down old main hill last night and just happened to have Justin run right by us. I told James, "hey that's Justin Madsen in our ward, I hope everything is okay at home". We continued to watch him run all the way home, we were quite impressed with his speed, but I guess it is downhill:). Anyway, glad to hear the good news!

Unknown said...

That is so great! Good luck there! What fun adventure, I know how it is to wait to find out if you can do this or that with school...we are happy for you guys.

Candice and Tim Peterson said...

FINALLY! What a big sigh of relief I'm sure you guys took. It has been a long time a comin. Good luck with everything. Maybe we'll have to plan a trip up to Canada to see the place. Congratulations again, your family deserves it!

Tracy said...

That is SO exciting! What an adventure. I am so glad you will have this opportunity! Your new baby can have dual citizenship!

Jill said...

FABULOUS!! Congratulations! I'm sure you will love your time there. What a fun adventure to plan for!

ARLdoubleE said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! That's the best news I have heard, in like....FOREVER :) I am going to miss you like crazy, BUT I am SOOO EXCITED/HAPPY for you guys!! Guess I will have to get a passport to come visit you and your cute family! Miley is getting so big and adorable :) Let me know if you need anything!! GOOD LUCK!!!

ARLdoubleE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake said...

Sweet!!!! I think I can already feel some cavities coming. Wait I think they wont be here for 4 more years. Just in time!
congrats!

Laura Barrett said...

Jess I've been out of town and haven't checked your blog, but I have to say the other day I was thinking about you and Justin and wondering when (not if) you would be moving to Canada:) I am thrilled for you guys. You're right they are one lucky school to have Justin, but also they are so lucky to have such a wonderful family coming up to the area:) Oh my friend Heather's friend Karlee (I went to Snow College with her) she is the one you want to look up her blog b/c her husband also attended Dalhousie. They've since finished and moved back but you'll have to check out her blog from a year or so back, they show a ton of pics and talk about how much they loved it.

Jen said...

Wow! That will be such an adventure...good luck! That is awesome.