March 26, 2011

Mom's Visit to Nova Scotia

My mom was in town a month ago.
I have procrastinated the post of her trip only to avoid reminding myself how much I miss her.
But, I would never want to forget her generous visit, and the amazing time we spent together while she was here with us in Nova Scotia.
I am my mother's daughter.
And so, when I think of how much she means to me,
and how grateful I am for her in my life there are many, many tears.

I loved having mom here! Our time together was absolutely amazing, and passed way too fast.
She came during Justin's break from school, and stayed for a week. We wanted every minute of our time together to be well spent, and so there are many events, and pictures to tell the story of her stay...
When mom arrived we were more than thrilled to see each other!
In her hand she is holding a small toiletry bag which quickly became her best friend for the next three days while she waited for her luggage that never arrived with her in Halifax.
The smile on her face illistrates perfectly my mother`s optimism...which is also one of her best qualities.
You never would have known any of her belongings were missing. She was happy to wear what she came in for as long as she needed to. I love that about her!
The kids had been anticipating Grammy for quite some time, so despite any late nights, or jet lag, she was greeted bright and early with hugs and kisses from her eager-to-play grand babies. 
Miley was hard to contain when she knew her grandma was in our house! 
Scotlin was not as quick to warm up, but that didn't keep him from giving Grandma his shy smiles, and competing for her attention.  
Grammy did come baring gifts, so when her bags arrived so did the tradition of chocolate for breakfast. Miley's Favorite!!

We ventured outdoors a few times for a brisk morning walk, but never before mom dawned her eskimo gear... 
I will call her to testify anytime someone says the Winter in Nova Scotia is no different than in Utah.:)
 I know she has serious empathy for us! 
She was focused and determined to find Justin and I better coats to handle the elements. 

We visited in the morning, afternoon, and evening. We stayed up late, and got up early. 
Our days were filled with adventures in shopping, swimming, exploring, dinning, laughing, and playing. And each day was perfect.  
Mom was so generous with us.
We were all treated, and spoiled with her time and attention which is the best gift she could ever give!
Mom treated us to dinner at Montana's our favorite restaurant! Miley and Scotlin got their own moose heads this time!! :)


We spent an afternoon at the indoor playground....





Were happy campers all bundled up for rides around town...


And had a blast swimming as a family, and relaxing in the hot tub!









Mom and I attended the temple together the day before she left. 
I loved having mom by my side everywhere I went. I felt so lucky to introduce her to everyone I care about here in Halifax. I hope I never forget our day together in the Nova Scotia Temple. It was my favorite day of her trip. 
My mom is simply amazing. I am so grateful to have a best friend in my mother. 


We have the best mom and Grammy Sharron in the world!
There certainly aren't enough days in a week to spend with her! 
There were so many fun times had during her visit, and we are so grateful so would travel such a long way to be with us! 
We love you mom! Thank you for such a wonderful week!!

Nothing beats our double chinned gut laughs!!... ;)


3 comments:

B and B said...

Oh man, I haven't seen your mom in so long!!! She looks fantastic! I'm glad you guys had a great time. XOXO

Lauren Allen said...

I'm soo happy to hear your mom got to come visit! She is one of the sweetest women in the world! It sounds like you guys had a great time! I love seeing how much you two look alike! You're both so beautiful!

Heidi Madsen said...

What a fun, special visit with your mom! She sure is a neat lady and I am so happy that you had nothing short of a marvelous visit with her! By the way, you are stunningly BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow, one hot mama you are!