December 31, 2012

Meeting Sister and Coming Home



Loren was born on a Monday. The same week Justin had nine final exams in five days. This part of her timing was brutal on Justin and I. He caught the bus early each morning and was at the hospital before  even the Doctors had started their rounds. 
All week he was back and forth between the dental school and the hospital taking exams and being with me and the baby. 
My voice was completely wiped out. Labor and Delivery took everything I had, including my voice. Anytime a nurse came in to check Loren and I, I always felt bad because I literally couldn't talk to her. It took over a week until slowly my voice started to return.
 I felt completely worn out, and so I used those quiet days in the hospital to slowly get back on my feet. Loren and I rested and read, but most of all looked forward to the kids coming to meet their new baby sister for the first time. I had missed them very much, and couldn't wait to see them. 

I think all of the change, exhaustion, and hospital scene was maybe a little much for the kids. No doubt there was magic in the air when the first got to meet Loren, but that magic wasn't stronger than their need for normalcy and naps. Even still, I couldn't resist the precious moments captured in these pictures.  







Miley was so tender with Loren. Instantly we could see a special love forming between these two sisters. Miley has taken gracefully to this role of big sister, and is responsible and excited about our new addition. Her infatuation was instant, and hasn't faded a bit. She is naturally loving and couldn't be more proud of, or get quite enough of, her new baby sis.





Scotlin was a little more unsure about this new situation. He didn't mind seeing the baby and wanted to hold her, but it was as if he didn't know what to do or what to think. Eventually, he enjoyed looking at her from afar, and felt most comfortable that way.










The kids were still very excited the following day when they came to the hospital to bring us home. 
We were so excited to be home! 


- Baby Loren all bundled up and ready to go home, and the older kids wanting to constantly watch over and touch her. So sweet watching them so fascinated with her. -


-Our daughters-


-Little Loren's first night at home. This is when the real magic started to happen. Miley wanted nothing more than to hold her new little sister. She held her for 45 minutes straight the first night. Scotlin wanted to sit close by, all together the snuggled in and relaxed together. It almost had me right to tears seeing my three!!-




-Sweet and proud sissy. The most precious times!!-

4 comments:

Josh and Ashley said...

I love the photo of all five of you together for the first time. Such a beautiful family!

Josh and Ashley said...

Ps...it makes my heart very happy to see that carseat cover being put to good use! :)

Heidi Madsen said...

AHH, these pictures made my smile stretch across my face!! They are so sweet, tender, and CUTE!! The first ones of Scoltin holding Loren were awesome, I though "it looks like he doesn't know what to do with her". Only making me laugh to read that is what you had wrote :) My favorite picture of the bunch is of all THREE kids!! How did that happen? Three beautiful children!! These posts are making me so happy. Thank you for updating and helping us at home to feel more in touch. Love you Jess!!

Heidi Madsen said...

Oh, also the one of Loren with her eyes open, LOVED her!