May 26, 2010

Ode To First Year

Any Great Adventure Starts With A Dream.
"Some people hold onto a dream for a couple of weeks...
Some people hold onto a dream for a couple of months...
and then there are some who are LONG DREAMERS,
and hold onto that dream until it comes true."
-Justin Prince
The process will always be in this order...
-Dream
-Struggle
-Victory
"It is possible to create and design an extraordinary life.
Life is a challenge to BECOME."
~JKP
"To become more than Ordinary...
Life is a challenge to become more than mediocre...
Life is our challenge to become extraordinary."
~JKP
"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
~Lousia Alcott
"It's not the blowing of the wind that determines your destination, it's the set of the sail."
~Jim Rone
Be a Long Dreamer.
Hold onto that dream until it comes true.
Embrace the struggle.
Enjoy the Victory.

7 comments:

hels said...

this post is so stinkin cute I can't stand it.
Love the quotes (my quote-lovin sista!)
and love the celebration door!
you remember to celebrate too! there is definitely major work and sacrifices by both spouses to get through crazy dental school!
love you!

Adam and Sarah said...

Jess, you are the greatest. What a cute idea!

Karen Bing said...

what a great post!! A cute recap of your first school year in Halifax! Love the door decor and the cute family shot!!

JO said...

I absolutely love this post. I love how very fitting each picture is to each quote. I love looking back at all of the photos and seeing what changes have come to pass in the last year. And most of all I love the darling door, and the darling girl who came up with that darling idea. I know he loved it! Now we can play more often! Hip, hip, hooray!Congrats Justin, 1st year really is a killer.

The Larchars said...

I know you miss your family a lot, that's understandable. But I am SOOO envious you get to be in Halifax. I LOVE the area and wish we could live in a green, boat docking community. What a fun adventure! Those pics are a great recap, and you guys look like such a happy family through it all!

Beckey said...

Cute cute door! Can you believe your first year is over with? It goes by SO fast so seriously enjoy your time here! Thanks again for watching the kids today! You have NO idea how wonderful you are! We'll miss you!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Jess, you are inspiring. You have a great way with words as well as a great way with images. You guys are an inspiration to all of us. Thank you for who you are and what you are becoming. You guys truly are, "Long Dreamers". Well done.