August 11, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

I turned 25 while we were staying in Utah. I wasn't particularly excited this year, and would not have minded if the day sort of just passed on by, but luckily I am surrounded by family who cares a little more than I do, and even though getting older is becoming more and more unexciting I know I'll look back when I'm 50 and wish I were turning 25!

Michelle arranged a family get-together up provo canyon to honor my special day. She made a delicious dinner, and invited everyone to come. I appreciate the special effort. In my opinion there is no better way to celebrate than being in the mountains, and enjoying my family.



The kids loved the water and the play ground,



The grandparents and the cousins!

Ciera and Miley saying "Who loves Grandpa Al?"

A few days before we left town Justin asked me what I would like to do for my birthday. I told him I wanted to go out just me and him, and if he really wanted to make me happy take me hiking or biking. So hiking it was!

He took me up American Fork Canyon and we hiked to Timpanogos Cave. He could not believe I had never been because I love to hike! I thought I had hiked a lot of the Wasatch mountains, but it's true, I had never been there. Sure glad I have been now. It was beautiful.

A gorgeous Canyon, A gorgeous hike, a gorgeous cave, and time alone with my honey. Happy Birthday to me!











2 comments:

ARLdoubleE said...

JESS...Seriously???? Do you ever take a bad picture? Even after hiking you look AMAZING!!! Hope you had a FABULOUS birthday! I love and miss ya more than you will ever know! Cheers to 25 years!!!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Jessica!