Right when Justin came home from Utah he was put on rotation at the hospital, which means long hours on his feet. He sees, and participates in amazing things while in the clinic or oral surgery department. I usually have to beg for less details... too queasy!! :)
He does amazing work and is not phased by the work. Only enjoys it.
He was gone before 6am everyday this week, and returning home past bedtime. It feels like we never really got him home - (even though we love having him home.) We are all pretty happy the weekend has arrived.
(The above pic is unrelated to his rotation. This was taken with his good friend and classmate Christos at the North End Clinic where they both volunteer.)
This little Miley girl has been keeping us entertained these days. She came down the stairs dressed like this after getting ready for bed saying to me: "Mom, you're never going to believe this... but... there is a ROCK STAR in our house tonight..."
She loves to have a dance party before bed, and has had Justin and I in tears laughing at her killer moves. Her imagination runs constantly, always making up tall tales. Most involve ramblings on about style and fashion, which we all know she is on the cutting edge.
Miley is also learning to answer the phone and practice her phone etiquette. Which she loves to do. If you call, you will quickly hear the tiniest little voice say "Hello, this is Miley..." We're still working with her on where to go from there, but it has been very fun for her to practice her manners every time the phone rings. She's also been loving to make more phone calls lately. She usually requests to call her cousins each one by one, and grandparents too. So, don't be surprised if you get a call from her requesting a random story or fairy tale. She is missing the family.
The kids just finished up a semester of their swimming class called Puddle Jumpers. They loved this class and are begging to take it again in the spring.
Scotlin is growing fast, and changing everyday lately. He loves to go to the library, and continues to love, love, love his race car tracks. He sneaks his way into our room, and often times into our bed, each and every night. We always take a few minutes snuggling our little buddy knowing his days as our baby are numbered. Dooey is the sweetest part of my day, always willing and wanting to help me wherever he can, and being sweet as pie to his sister too.
Some of the things I love about Dooey lately:
-He's always the one to make sure we've said a prayer over our food each day. It's sweet the way he won't take a bite until we've prayed, and he is the first to volunteer to pray.
-When he asks what I am doing... laundry, dishes, making beds etc... he'll always ask if he can "help me with that?" And he is a really great helper too.
-If Miley is whining about something she has to do like combing tangles out of her hair for instance, Scotlin will come to her side and offer to hold her hand so it wont hurt. Together they will sit there with him tenderly holding her hand and telling her it's okay and other sweet little sayings. LOVE this little boy!
We continued our Christmas tradition of making a gingerbread house and setting up the Christmas Tree. Both turned out to be quite the project. The gingerbread houses took us three days to complete. We've learned a thing or two about putting them together now. :) The kids had a lot of fun with this project though, so it was definitely worth it.
The tree also turned out. I'll have to take a better picture in the daytime. But for now we are enjoying the glow and spirit it brings to our home.
We thought of, and missed our family on Thanksgiving.
I'm thankful this year more than ever to be a stay at home mom with my kids. Even when I get overwhelmed by all that needs to be done at times, I am grateful to wake up the next day and know I can get right to work in my home. It's an honor and pleasure being able to take care of my family, know their needs, and do my best to meet them.
We've had a wonderful kick off to this holiday season, and have so much to be thankful for this year.







2 comments:
LOVE when there are new updates on the Madsen blog!
Can I just say, those gingerbread houses are perfect, trust me - you don't want to even see ours. HOW did you get the roof to stick on the big house???
anyways, love those cute kids - Miley and 'FASHION' and photos from Justin's trips and rotation (he is so good about taking photos!).
I love seeing new posts from you! I seriously cannot believe that in a matter of days, there will be a fifth little person in that home! I'm so excited for you guys!
Those kids...I could just kiss them all over! Please give them loves from Josh and I. We miss them so much - as well as you and Justin!
Hang in there...and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you WAY over here in Utah :) Love you!
Post a Comment