November 19, 2008
Suprise MTC Visit
Justin and I were not planning to go to Provo when Josh entered the MTC, so we said our last goodbyes to him last Sunday night, but this morning we woke up with a wild idea to drive down, surprise Josh, and see him off. So we jumped out of bed, threw on our clothes, and headed out the door to Salt Lake. We made it just in time to take Josh to Provo and give him a proper farewell. It's was weird to hug him goodbye knowing we won't be seeing him for two years, and then leave through one door while he goes through another. Bitter sweet. But we are so proud of Josh and the choices he has made, and there is nowhere else we would rather have him. it was an honor to be there with him today. We will miss him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I CANNOT believe that he is old enough to be going on a mission! It seems like he should still be 6 years old. . like I remember him before you guys moved away! It sounds like he is going to be quite the missionary! Congratulations and Best Wishes to Josh!
Wow! I can't believe that Josh is old enough to go on a mission. It seemed like it was yesterday that Jared was born. Crazy how time flies!! I bet your mom can't wait until all her boys are home for good!!
Oh how sad yet happy:) Honey you are lookin like hot stuff, woo woo!! Oh I'm so jealous of Chris and Nancy and their family, I remember when I spent Thanksgiving with your family a few years ago, it was so nice and fun to be around your sweet mom and all the rest of the clan! We're just going to stay up here and have a little Thanksgiving with the three of us, Tyler has to work at 4pm-through the night. It's good money since it's a holiday. We're going to visit our family the following week for a couple of days.
Hey, it's Justin's cousin (Jennie Cox in Arizona) I came across your blog linked to my sister's. (love the virtual world!) So I thought I would check and see how you are both doing and check out your beautiful little one! She is a doll! I'm so happy for your family, with Josh on a mission now. We miss you guys, but love that we can keep in touch through the blogging world. BY the way, I would love an invite to your blog. Here is my email: Jenniedcox@hotmail.com. Tell Justing and all the family hi!
Post a Comment