This post is dedicated to Scotlin and Miley`s Grandparents back home.
Dad told me I need to make a better effort writing down the funny things Miley has been saying.
So, this is just a little collection of some of the things I can remember her saying to me this week.
*****
Just was busy with school last week. There were some days when he would be gone before the kids woke up in the morning, and home after they were asleep at night. Miley was starting to miss him really bad, and didn`t want to go to sleep without him. She would ask where he was and say
`I miss him!`
Before laying her down for bed she would cry and ask
`Is daddy coming?...`
She took one look at me the next morning, shook her head back and forth, and continued to repeat
`I don`t want mommy anymore. I want daddy. I don`t want mommy anymore.`
Poor daddy`s girl.
******
I had all the groceries unloaded and on the kitchen counter ready to put away. I looked over to find Miley sitting at the kitchen table with her bib on. Surprised, I asked her what she was doing? And she told me pointing to the groceries on the counter...
`I need that yogurt right there.`
All she forgot to get for herself was the spoon!
******
She`s constantly asking me for permission to do any and everything.
`That okay mom?...`
`This okay mom?...`
******
Playing outside she hears a airplane flying in the sky...
`Slow Down Helicopter! Not So Fast!`
*******
I asked her the other day what her name was and she proudly stated
`Miwee. J. Madsen.`
What is mommy`s name?, I asked...
`Mommy. Madsen.`
What is brother`s name?...
`Doo Doo. Madsen.`
******
Dosen`t love that her little brother is getting bigger and starting to cruise the furniture. She tries to peel his hands off the couch, or push him down saying
`Sit down Dewey! Sit down!`
******
At 8:00 on the dot she`ll say
`it`s 8 0`clock. Time for bed.`
*******
She`s been getting very skillful with her negotiating skills. At dinner time when she`s asked to take one more bite of this or that she`ll negotiate
`Just a baby bite.`
When asked to clean up toys she`ll negotiate
`just O-N-E more minute...`
******
When I ask her if she wants to play with friends or say hi to the neighbors she`ll say `
`Yeah. I won`t be shy.`
******
Sways back and forth like a monkey, walking towards you singing the `JAWS`song...
`Daaaa Da... Daaaa Da....Daaaa Da....`
*******
If she hears a siren she will stop, put her hand up to her ear and say `Listen...` it`s a fire truck... it`s an ambulance... going to help somebody...`
*******
We love our girl.
I had to throw in a few pics of Mr Scotlin too. He dosen`t have too much to say yet, but he`s getting better at communicating his wants and needs.
He`s always giving this sly little look, and is honestly content to be doing just about anything.
He has given up crawling on his knees and now will only bear crawl up on his feet with his legs straight.
He`s been throwing little temper tantrums, is standing up in his crib as you can see here, and will befriend any stuffed animal until it becomes a ratty mess only fit for the garbage can.
He has recently started standing on his own, and wants sooo bad to keep up with his sister. He`s just not quite big enough yet.
His diet basically consists of fruit, fruit, yogurt, and fruit. If it`s not fruit, his lips are sealed. TIGHT.
He is full of life these days! The bigger he gets the easier it is to leave the house more often. He`s good in the car, and loves any outing.
Lately he has started dancing to music, and trying to `sing.` He is getting a lot of personality, and it is coming FAST!
Scotlin is Miley`s little shadow, and vice versa. They are two peas in a pod.
They look like twins. They do E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G together, so they might as well be.
The two of them are a ton of fun, and having the two of them makes life twice as enjoyable.
They LOVE and MISS their Grandparents, so we are always grateful when their grandparents read up, and take a special interest in them too.
Sending love from the little ones back home to you...
XOXO
Miley and Scotlin

6 comments:
Jessica those two are so sweet! What a great mamma you are to them too
I loved this post!
It's so fun to read what sweet little children say! Love the yogurt quote. So cute!
So cute! I can't wait until Cade can tell me all sorts of adorable things. PS...Cade and Scotlin have the same crib! I love it!
SOO cute! I love "It's 8 o'clock, time for bed"! That's hilarious! You are the cutest mom to the sweetest kids!
XOXOXOXOX miss them both! That Miss Miley is a HOOT.
Post a Comment