November 1, 2009

Fun Halloween Memories

  • Hearing the excited trick-or-treaters stomp up our front porch, and then a 'ding-dong' and a "trick or treat!"
  • Our neighbors who whipped out their cameras when Miley came to the door. "Oh, is she ever cute." "She is some sweet." I love the way they talk up here, and we love how they love her.
  • The enormous trick or treating bags the kids carry around. Some had large heavy duty black garbage bags almost full to the top, and they said it was their second bag. Their bags were mostly full of bags of chips! We have never seen so many chips. I guess passing out chips to trick or treaters is the thing here.
  • Smiling at the trick or treater who after getting candy at our front door turned and yelled to his friend, "it smells like cinnamon bears in there!"
  • Baby Scotlin braving the cold with his little beanie on his head all bundled up like an Eskimo, and probably sweating to death. (We could be a little overly cautious at times.) But still happy to be along for the ride, and never made a peep.
  • Watching baby Miley flutter around with a mouth full of halloween candy, and giving terrifying porch decorations a good laugh.
  • Playing with MJ in the beautiful fall leaves, and taking our kids trick or treating for the first time.
  • Two sleeping babies + perfect for snuggling, oversized, comfy couch + scary halloween movie + me and Just = perfect ending

5 comments:

Briar said...

I like this

The Full Nelson said...

Sounds like a fun Halloween!! Did it smell like cinnamon because of your Scentsy?!!

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

It sounds like you had a more than fabulous Halloween!!! Mylie is so dang cute! I love her little bee dress! And sweet baby Scotlin is so handsome! You are so blessed Jess! I am so glad you and Justin had a little cuddle & movie time when the babes went to bed. You guys are the cutest!!! I hope you're doing great and feeling good!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Hello friend! Wow, it had been a long time! Glad you said hello! Congrats on your new addition! I LOVE his name, so darling! Glad to see all is well, how is your hubby liking dental school, what year is he again? Well, I am glad we can keep in touch!!!

Anonymous said...

Seding luvs to all of you...especially your new little prince...I love Scotlin's smiling photo...oh and all of Mylie's halloween cutes. luvs, trina

p.s. hope you're starting to feel better...it took me a while to recover from posterior Carsten and Anneclaire (my "star gazers"...that's what our 2nd midwife told me). Special hugs to you!