As for us, we could be found playing the day away. Basically doing what Dooey does best.
We splashed in bubble baths, took long walks, enjoyed the swings at the playground, had ourselves a picnic, and playhouse party. And it was a wonderful day.
This evening Justin was downstairs with Scotlin while I was upstairs working in the kitchen. Miley ran back and forth from us, up and down the stairs over and over to check on me, and then back to tell Dad. She would come to the top of the stairs, look at me with urgency and say: `Is everything okay up here...`
As quick as I could give her any answer she was off in a flash to report her findings. This game of hers was making me laugh (and keeping me entertained!). While Justin bathed her tonight she put the wash cloth on his back and told him he was a Super Hero. He looked at her sweet little face and told her: `Miley, I love you.` She looked back at him, put her little hand on his shoulder and said: `I know.`
She went to bed tonight giggling with excitment over the Easter Bunny coming in the morning. (Justin had an idea to make Saturday before Easter our `Easter Morning` with gift baskets and egg hunts. So we can keep focused on the true meaning of Easter on Sunday. I love this new tradition.)
I love Easter like Justin loves Christmas. Needless to say, we are all looking forward to what the weekend will bring.
2 comments:
Easter on Saturday is the best idea ever! That is what my family has always done. xoxo
Sounds like so much fun! I love the stories about your kids! I'm stuck at the computer all weekend working on stuff for finals. Boo.
Post a Comment