April 17, 2011

Our Perfect Prince: 18 Months


-When Scotlin doesn`t have his sister around to play with he is pretty much bored to tears.
This morning he was the first one awake. We brought him in to snuggle with us so he wouldn`t wake Miley.
After crawling and jumping all over us for a half hour, he was the first one to hear Miley stirring in her room.
His eyes got huge, and his face lit up! `Sister! Sister! Sister!`He shouted as he hurried off the side of the bed, and dashed to her bedroom. 
Dad helped her out of bed and brought them both back in to snuggle. Scotlin wrapped his arms around Miley`s whole body and hugged her with all his might. 
He nestled his head into her chest with the biggest smile on his face. 
He loves his sister so much. She is his very best friend.

-Whenever we say `I love you, Scotlin.` He replies in the cutest voice `I wuv you Daaaad.`
We tried all day to get him to repeat `I love you, Momma.` But it came out `I wuv you Daaad`everytime.

-When he`s hungry he brings me his bib. When he wants to go outside he brings me his coat. When he wants his diaper changed he brings the wipes to me. I can`t help but smile everytime his little heart has a desire, and he comes to me knowing I will always help him.

- A kiss from Scotlin is rare to come by. I always feel special if he feels up to giving them out. I was holding him the other day, and he must have smelt the minty lip gloss on my lips because he leaned in and gave me a huge kiss! He tasted the lip gloss, and then started kissing me again, and licking my lips! I think it was the best kiss I`ve ever had! ;) I love my dooey kisses! Anytime I want one I`ll just have to slather on some lip gloss and pucker up!

-I took Scotlin to his 18 month appointment this week. The nurse had me hold Scotlin in the waiting room with nothing but a diaper on. I put a hoodie on him so he wouldn`t be too cold, and his socks and shoes in case he wanted to get down. As we sat waiting for the Doctor, Scotlin was giving out his shy smiles and glances at all the people around us. The more attention he recieved, the more shy he would get. He sat on my lap for over 45 minutes with his head burried in my shirt. Occassionally glancing up to smile at me and touch my face. I was so glad the doctor was running late. I loved every minute being able to cuddle him close to me. As I sat there holding him in my arms I thought back through the last 18 months of all the times he and I had sat together in that waiting room. Through all of the ups and downs-- there is no denying how we have grown in love together.

-Scotlin is our smiley, snuggly, happy, easy to please, slobbery, snorting little bull dog boy.
 He is an absolute light. We adore and treasure our son!
Happy 18 Months to Scotlin Prince!



1 comment:

Heidi Madsen said...

No, he is not 18 months. I seriously can't believe it. When did he grow up? I so wish I could be more a part of his life. Just looking at his pictures anyone can tell that he is one special little boy. I am so excited to see this little boy in a few short weeks. I still think of him as a baby. Will you please show him my picture everyday until you come so he will know who I am am want me to hold him!! What a sweet, perfect little boy! I do love him dearly. Can I borrow that lip gloss of yours so I can steal a few of his kisses? xxxxXXXXXXXXXXXX mmm, I can tast them already.

The post of the kids below is SOOO sweet. I am so happy that you are coming home!!!!! can.not.wait.

Love and miss you!