April 14, 2011

A little April

The kids still love to bath in the kithen sink. They call it the baby bath and beg for it almost everyday. I don`t think there is much these two don`t love doing together. On virtually every occassion I have to remind myself to `THINK TWINS.` If I buy something, I buy 2 so each can have one. If I make something I make 2, so both can have some. They always want what the other has, and have to always be doing the same thing.
As much as I love their identical schedules, and twinness, I tresure and adore my alone time with each one.
It`s remarkable to see how different they are even when they are so much alike.
Scotlin is best described as my little buddy these days. If I am anywhere, he is by my side.
He is sandwhiched in a wonderful transition phase where he is learning so much each day, and acting so much like a toddler, and at the same time having so many tender snuggly moments where I can still relish time with him as my little baby. I absolutely love it.
Scotlin is as busy as ever. He is getting so good at communicating, and I have noticed a lot more sounds, inflection, and baby jargon happening as he babbles throughout the day.
Some of my favorite new sounds of his are: YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! Said so fast as he claps his hands when he is excited or happy to hear something. And: WHOA! WHOA! WOW! WOW! When he is amazed or intrigued by something new.
Nothing speaks the Dooey language like a good book. More than ever, he loves to read!


As Miley grows it turns out she is quite athletic. I can say that because she especially loves to play games with her dad, and he says he`s always impressed with her coordination and eye.
All I know is she loves to play, and can catch the ball.

She doesn`t love anything more than her dad, so being able to play the games with him, sure makes for one happy little girl.
Right now Miley is SO into collecting. Rocks, clips, hairbows, crayons, ANYTHING she deems worthy.
I`ll find her collections lined up on shelves, on dressers, and in shoes, and I`ll hear her as she lines up each one, counting... 1.2.3.....13.14.15...
Along with her collections she has other favorites. Her favorite shows are Max and Ruby, Special Agent Oso, and Strawberry Short Cake. She`ll often call me strawberry shortcake, as if it`s my name.... `Will you wash my hands, strawberry shortcake...`
Miley has been so sweet with Brother lately. Everytime they sit up to eat she will ask me to scoot him closer to her so she can help him eat. She loves to share her food and drink with him, and I can`t bring myself to stop her, because she`s just so sweet about it, and Scotlin loves it too.
( Justin took this picture, and I just found it, so I am not sure if she is attempting to smile, or if she is showing some attitude... )
Miley loves this picture because she says she is wearing her ballerina dress. She loves any and everything ballerina, and she loves to twirl, spin, and dance around in this dress.

I feel like I could go on and on about Miley and Scotlin right now and all of the new things they are doing. I want to be better to remember all of the little things they do that make me laugh and smile. They are such good kids, and we love them so much! 

1 comment:

Josh and Ashley said...

I have missed these faces!! Can't wait to see all four of you in a few weeks! I hope the kids remember who I am so they will let me hold them and play with them! I miss you lots and cannot wait to see you! :) Love you!

xoxo