October 20, 2012

Our Last Canadian Thanksgiving


I have some catching up to do. October has been a busy month in our family. I'll admit to copying and pasting these Thanksgiving Day photos from the Dal Dental Wives blog. I didn't have time that day (Or I might have just forgot all together) to get my camera out. Thanks to Helene and her documenting skills, we have something to record.

Our group this year is the biggest it's ever been! We have 11 families from Utah going to school, and each family has their decent amount of kiddos. We are one large group, and knew we would have to change up our plans to accommodate everyone. We planned this year to host our thanksgiving at the church, so we could have a little more space for everyone to come and enjoy.

The day started out as it did last year. Football at the field in the morning, naps and cooking in the afternoon, and then gathering together for the feast. I wasn't able to make it to the morning events, but the kids happily went with Dad and reported home afterwards how much fun they had. The mud on their rain boots was also evidence they had a great time. That afternoon Carolyn, Helene, and I met at the church to set things up and decorate. I couldn't believe how many people we were going to be feeding that day as I watched the table grow! Always wonderful to together, especially large in numbers. I have grown a LOVE for Canadian Thanksgiving. I love that it is in October... it only adds to one of my favorite months of the year. I look forward to this holiday and tradition as Fall moves in, and I am always grateful for this student family we have to celebrate with each year. Who wouldn't want two thanksgiving holidays each year??! I'll take it!

Here are pictures from the day. Again, thanks goes to Helene.



 Football on a gorgeous (wet) morning...




 the fans.



 kickoff






 the kids being awesome






 watching an iPhone...


the twins...


 ready to eat


 carving





Longest kids table in the world???...






 movie time!





Little crafts for the kids...



 Group Photo...
Dude Man...


 best part of photo by far:

ZELLA





Happy Thanksgiving from Canada!


1 comment:

Heidi Madsen said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
And in case you didn't know, I am so very grateful for you :)
Loved seeing all of your cute decorations at the church. Your friends in Canada are darn spoiled to have your talent around.
Glad you had a good time!