August 25, 2012

Great day with Dad

When we got to Utah I couldn't wait to see my dad and spend some time with him, so we planned a special day to be together. One of the things I love about my dad so much is his easy going personality. He is always happy to hear from me when I call, and always accommodating. Even when we have plans to meet at 9:30 in the morning, and I call him at 8 with a groggy voice, asking him if we can meet in the afternoon instead, because I am just so wiped out from all our traveling~
He'll laugh, he'll smile, he'll say of course, he'll say go get some rest... and he'll rearrange his entire day to be with me and my family. 
I have the most amazing parents in the world. 

So, once we finally got ourselves up and going we set out to meet up with Papa Al. 
We stopped first to grab some lunch, and then took it over to the hospital where Michelle works. 
Michelle has been amazing (No, Beyond amazing) with work lately, and extremely busy. 
We were lucky enough to be able to catch her during one of her breaks, and all very thrilled to see her!
After lunch I had asked if we could go over and visit with my Grandma Prince. We had a very sweet visit with her. She looks beautiful as always, and I was so grateful to see her.
To end the day we did a little drop in on my Missy to see how she was doing (Due to have baby Aaron in 1 week) and get a little more cousin time in while we can. 

Here are a few pictures from our day:

Love these faces Dooey's been making lately...






When we met up with dad he was waiting for us right inside the doors of the restaurant. Once Miley saw him she got the sweetest smile on her face, and instantly wrapped her arms around his neck. Without exaggeration, so was so completely smitten with him for the rest of the afternoon. Even blushing a little (or maybe a lot) at times about just  being with Grandpa Al!!! :) She insisted they sit together, drive together, hold hands, you name it. At one point she stopped holding back, and just started hugging his legs and smothering them with kisses. Watching her with him was probably one of my favorite memories from the trip. She was so tickled, and I know my dad feels the same way. Absolutely sweet and priceless!


~The kids mauling grandma Chelz the minute she walks through the door. :) ~


We were lucky enough to see ALL Grandparents and Great-Grandparents from both side during this trip. What a highlight! I am so grateful for my Grandma Emma. Since I have lived in Canada she has written and sent me beautiful handwritten letters on a regular basis. I joke that if it weren't for Grandma's letters I'd have no clue what was happening in my family!! :) She keeps me in the know, and I love her for it. Tenderly, her letters mean the world to me. She fills them with advice, wisdom, and love. I know it takes her a lot of time and energy to do it, and so I treasure each letter, and I save every one.


These three beauty queens had so much fun together, and I loved watching them play! 
~Nothing like Family~

1 comment:

Heidi Madsen said...

Grandpa Al is a handsome devil. Scotlin is definitely taking after him! :)