September 20, 2013

First day of School~ Scotlin



Scotlin has been greatly looking forward to getting back to Preschool for his second year. It is so good for him to have something all to his own. We really like his teacher. She teaches out of her basement, and has almost been teaching preschool for 30 years. It is a great little spot, and the perfect place for our little boy. 

He had a meet the teacher and new friends day before his first day of school. It was a teddy bear picnic, and the kids were instructed to being their favorite stuffed animal. 
I was lucky to get a few good photos of him in front of the house on the day of his preschool party. He didn't know the difference, and so he thought it was his first day of school pics. 
He was doing his best to show me with his smile just how excited he is!





By the time his true first day of school began I tried to get a few more pics of the occasion, but he was not having it. He was truly so excited to be there he just wanted to get inside and get busy playing and being at HIS school doing HIS thing! Who am I to be stopping him from all that awaited him through those preschool doors!!

Within one snap shot he came to me with the biggest pout I've ever seen, begging to just let him go to school already...



I tired walking him to the door but he beat me there, and tried to say goodbye but he was already getting acquainted with the hot wheel's set on the floor. 
Every day it's the same. I try to butter him up before I say goodbye, and he is just focuses in. He walks right in without looking back. 

He raves about school when he comes home! His teacher remarks on what a big boy Scotlin is, and how often he helps her. He loves playing with toys, having snacks, singing songs and reading books. he always comes home with adorable crafts, and he plays with his artwork for weeks like it's a toy. 
I wouldn't say he is particularly concerned about making friends. He seems to like everyone, but doesn't seem to care too much about what they are doing, or getting to know them too much. 

Scotlin only attends class twice a week and I know he wishes it were more. He asks me everyday if it's his school day. Dooey is such a great little boy. I love the one on one time I get with him for the few hours his sister is in school, and Loren is napping. He's kind and good to me, and willing to help at all times. The other day we went to the grocery store, and while I was loading the bags into the back, he had gone to the side of the car and opened the driver door for me, saying "here ya go mom, I opened your door for you~" I love my little gentleman! 
I find myself studying his face and wanting to memorize his little facial expressions down to every little hair on his brow. I love my son! I'm so proud of my boy!

No comments: