September 8, 2011

My Mi Mi


It is hard for me to believe Miley joined our family only three short years ago. 
It was one of the best days of my life. 
I can't remember a day without Miley in it. 
Its even more impossible for me to believe my precious little baby has turned into the smartest, funniest, and sweetest little 3 year old I know. 
I remember bringing Miley home for the first time after she was born. I remember feeling like Heavenly Father had taken a giant tub of glue and just poured it over the three of us, and then stuck us all together as close as we could go. 
I remember tears of joy just streaming down my face. The spirit of love she brought into our lives was so strong, and so touching. I'll never forget that deep feeling of our Heavenly Father's love, it is the same love I feel for my her now.
She is our angel, and one of our life's greatest gifts. 


Miley has brightened our lives from the very moment she came into this world. 
She continues to be our sunshine, even when skies are grey.
It is true that we never know love greater than when we have our own children. 
We delight in our Miley. Watching her grow, live, and learn has been the greatest highlight of my life. The most fulfilling, and joyful feelings come from the relationship I have with her, my little sweetheart. 
She is our princess; our pride and joy. 
Our love for her is without end. 

Miley turned 3 on August 18th. 
She loves birthdays, and kept telling everyone that her 'birthday was coming on.'
We spent the day celebrating our Miley girl and making sure she knew how special she is to us. 
On her birthday she woke up to decorations in the kitchen, and a table full of gifts. She spent the morning admiring all of her treasures and playing balloons with her brother. 
That afternoon we were able to take her swimming at one of her favorite places near the ocean. 
We had pink cupcakes with star sprinkles, per her request. 
We sang as she blew out the candles, and she was thrilled to have her birthday 'coming on!'
After cupcakes and swimming, grandma and grandpa Madsen treated her to dinner at Mc Donald's! - Her favorite! 
She loved her happy meal, and playing in the play place. 
Miley got every gift she asked for, and even more! She is blessed to have so many people who love her! She was given treats any time she asked that day too, because it was her birthday! 
It was a very wonderful day, and wonderful way, to celebrate our 3 year old girl. 

Here are a few picture highlights of Miley's big day:


Waiting to see the surprises in the kitchen first thing in the morning. 
Miley always covers her eyes when she gets super excited... so, Scotlin had to too. I love how he's not totally sure what he's doing! haha! ;)


The kitchen decorated with balloons, banners, and streamers, our birthday tradition. 

Miley saw her wrapped up piggy bank first. This is her shy/happy smile. She has wanted this piggy bank for so long. I think she was excited to see it, and a little in shock it was actually for her! 

So happy and excited to be opening presents on her birthday! I love her sweet faces, so interested and delighted!


So in love with her new clothes... she had to try them on right then!


I know this looks a little like a pouty face, but it's really a sweet face. She just opened a hair clip from grandma, and she is showing us how much she loves it by tenderly hugging it underneath her chin.
The cutest thing I've ever seen! :)

New clothes from Grandma and Grandpa Madsen.

A new book from her  brother, Scotlin.

And piggy bank, from Mom and Dad. 
( Miley spotted this piggy bank one day when we were out shopping for her bedding. The instant she saw it she started yelling to me " Mom! They have my own piggy bank here!" 
Miley was thrilled to have her very own real piggy bank to replace the pickle jar she made with her dad one FHE. )
She has been so good at putting all of her coins inside. She has more money than we do! :)
Swimming!
Nothing cuter than that bum!

Blowing out the candles on her sparkly, pink cupcakes! 
I think she might have eaten about 10. The girl sure knows what she likes best!
Miley and Scotlin hugging Ronald McDonald. ( I love the closed eye hugs from Miley, those are the best kind!)
They were both beside themselves to be here having happy meals!


I know Miley had the best day a 3 year old could ask for. So sweetly she would say to me, " Mommy, thank you for letting me celebrate my birthday today." 
Nothing makes me happier than to see her happy, and grateful at the same time. 

Miley, we love you!
 "You're our favorite baby girl in the whole wide world!"
" Your the best thing in life, our little sweetheart, and we love you with our whole heart!"
Happy Birthday! #3!


No comments: